All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionA new poetry collection by a young and talented Canadian poet, Chad Campbell, finalist for the 2013 Malahat Long Poem Prize Beginning with the arrival of the Campbell clan in Canada in 1827 - pale scot farmers fording the river, / seated backwards in refusal - Laws & Locks tracks the history of one family's struggle with depression, madness, and mental illness. Chad Campbell's first book of poetry is a brilliant investigation, at once dazzling and unflinching, into the way our predecessors bear on our choices in the present, and how present-day consequences extend backwards in time. A skilled, self-possessed, and clear-eyed poet, Campbell has produced a work of art that, while t quite confessional, transforms the private, dark, often stigmatized regions of his life into powerful poetry.
- Author BiographyChad Campbell is a graduate of the Iowa Writers Workshop whose poetry has appeared in Arc and Maisonneuve, among other magazines. He was a finalist for the 2013 Malahat Long Poem Prize. He lives and teaches in Iowa.
- Author(s)Chad A. Campbell
- PublisherVehicule Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMontreal, QC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintVehicule Press
- Weight154 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine1 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.