All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are few things more spectacular at a dinner party or special lunch than bringing a stunning layered dessert to the table to ooohs and ahhhs from your guests. Served in glass bowls, pretty coloured layers just make you want to dig in with a big spoon. Hot on the heels of the naked cake phemen (stripping decoration back, and leaving the cake itself as the star attraction), retro layered desserts are enjoying a revival. Trifles, tiramisus and ice cream cakes are all hot topics for foodies and re-appearing on trendy restaurant menus. Youngsters are catching up to join the generation of die-hard trifle fans who never stopped loving their layered desserts. With both simple classics and more adventurous ideas for those who love to entertain, friends and family are in for such a treat with this gorgeous range of recipes. Desserts are organized into Classic Layers with favourites like Black Forest Terrine or Knickerbocker Glory to please the traditionalists. Next comes Fruity Layers, including delights like a Strawberry Shortcake Mousse and Peaches and a Cream Pavlova Stack. In Indulgent Layers are wonders like a Salted Caramel Layered Brownie Cheesecake and an Espresso Mousse Layer Cake. The Frozen Layers chapter includes fun Stripy Baked Alaska and Triple Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich. The Celebration Layers chapter is out to impress with an Ombre Layer Cake and Festive Spiced Winter Fruit Trifle. Finally, for the adventurous: Round the World Layers includes treats such as Greek Baklava or Jamaican Coconut Rum Mille-feuille.
- Author BiographyA lawyer and MasterChef finalist, Hannah Miles has developed a second career as a cake maker and food writer. She is the author of Popcorn Treats (978-1-84975-200-8), Milkshake Bar (978-1-84975-191-9), Doughnuts (978-1-84975-251-0), Cheesecake (978-1-84975-352-4), Sweetie Pie (978-1-84975-610-5) and Naked Cakes (978-1-84975-599-3) - all published by Ryland Peters & Small. Hannah lives in the UK.
- Author(s)Hannah Miles
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Content Note100 col photographs
- Weight650 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $41.50Trending at AU $43.74
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $30.16
- AU $39.76Trending at AU $40.85
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $46.45Trending at AU $50.70
- AU $16.23Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $31.11Trending at AU $32.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.