All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor decades the work of Lazar Khidekel has been undeservedly overlooked by galleries and museums - primarily because the Russian avant-garde movement was interrupted midstream and forced underground by the Soviet state. This elegantly designed book provides the perfect introduction to Khidekel's decades-long career and coincides with a recently renewed fascination with Suprematism and the development of 20th-century abstraction. A student of Chagall and Malevich, Khidekel was an artistic prodigy whose fascination with architecture led to his part in the founding of UNOVIS, or champions of the new art. He later became a significant figure in the Suprematist movement, a distinctly Russian form of abstraction. The volume features the best examples from each phase of Khidekel's career, from his pre-Suprematist work and early architectural and eco-futuristic projects to his Post-Suprematist paintings, works on paper and architectural projects.
- Author BiographyRegina Khidekel is president of the Lazar Khidekel Society, a group of art historians, museum specialists and art supporters working to sustain and preserve Khidekel's legacy. An experienced art critic and an expert on Russian and Jewish 20th-century art, she is also the founder of the Russian American Cultural Centre in New York.
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note250 colour
- Weight1656 g
- Width240 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byRegina Khidekel
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.