All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionColonel Chabert, a Napoleonic War hero supposedly killed in the Battle of Eylau, returns to Paris after a long convalescence to find his wife remarried, and his pension gone. He employs a young, well-kwn lawyer to at least reclaim his pension. It is a game of wits: first to convince the lawyer that he is who he says he is; secondly to get his wife to admit to his identity and thereby give up some of her wealth. Once the lawyer believes Chabert's story, the wife must be made to part with his pension...
- Author BiographyHonore de Balzac (1799-1850) was born in Tours. By the time of his death, he had written over one hundred novels, novellas, and plays, all the while working as a journalist. Colonel Chabert is one of the Scenes from Private Life, which is a part of Balzac's well-known life-long project, La Comedie Humaine. Carol Cosman has translated works by Albert Camus and Rene Daumal, among others.
- Author(s)Carol Cosman,Honore de Balzac
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication26/01/1998
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight120 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $52.03Trending at AU $60.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.