Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.24Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $45.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe newly revised Le Francais: Depart-Arrivee, Fourth Edition, is a complete introductory and early intermediate program that teaches the basic structures and vocabulary of French language and culture, including colloquial French expressions and gestures. Derived from the internationally recognized Dartmouth College language program, whose approach has been reworked and adapted into a comprehensive text, this updated edition is further enhanced by new photos. The adventures of three American students living with French families are described in three levels through scenarios or dialogues: the first tells the story in simple terms; the second adds more vocabulary and grammar; the third represents the kind of rmal, flowing prose one encounters in reading. The scenarios invite dramatic action and a variety of applications. The lessons are rounded out with a wide range of challenging, student-oriented exercises that help learners apply the core materials to new contexts and their own lives. The Fourth Edition is designed to give both instructor and student maximum flexibility in completing a thoroughly tested approach to learning French in either a traditional or accelerated course, both for new students of French and as a review for early-intermediate-level students. This new edition is meant to facilitate a contextualized, communicative approach to the study of the French language. It has been class-tested for raising students to an intermediate-high level of oral proficiency in a traditional or accelerated course, or to the advanced level in an immersion environment. To expand possibilities in communicative and cultural competency, the instructor can select from a variety of new presentations and activities while maintaining the integrity of each lesson. The Fourth Edition will continue to serve traditional and accelerated language programs both in two- and four-year colleges and universities, and in two-year high school language programs. It can easily be adapted to either the semester or the quarter system and will be complemented by workbook and audio materials. Le Francais - Instructor's Manual and Audioscript is available to teachers.
- Author BiographyJOHN A. RASSIAS is Professor of French and the William R. Kenan, Jr., Professor at Dartmouth College. He originally developed the Rassias Method[registered] for the Peace Corps, brought it to Dartmouth, and then introduced it to the academic community at large. JACQUELINE DE LA CHAPELLE SKUBLY is Professor Emerita of Housatonic Community College and Adjunct Professor at Fairfield University.
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDartmouth College Press
- Content Note, black & white illustrations, maps
- Weight726 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.