Le Marais: A Rare Steakhouse - Well Done by Mark Hennessey, Jose Meirelles (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhere else would a n-Jewish Portuguese immigrant open a French bistro, hire an Irish-Italian Catholic as its executive chef, and create one of the finest and most successful kosher restaurants in the United States? As Hadassah and Joe Lieberman put it in their foreword to the Le Marais cookbook, this is a classic New York story . Get to kw the personalities behind the Le Marais experience while learning how to create its incredible delicacies at home. In sections covering sauces; soups; salads; bread, pasta, and risotto; beef; classics; lamb; veal; poultry; fish; sides; and desserts, this beautifully illustrated cookbook gives you the techniques and recipes you'll need to bring French gourmet into the kosher kitchen (or any kitchen). Hip and irreverent, the Le Marais cookbook is your entree to the world of French cuisine that just happens to be fully kosher. Braised duck legs with white pearl onions and petite pois, anyone?
- Author BiographyMark Hennessey is executive chef at Le Marais NY. He began cooking when he reached the age where he needed more food than his poor mother could prepare. After graduating the Culinary Institute of America in New York, through which he served an externship at the Scottsdale Princess Hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona, he went on to become sous chef of Stingray on the Upper West Side. Following a four-year run at Les Routiers, he became executive chef at the kosher restaurant Levana, paving the way for his (so far) eleven years at Le Marais, the city's only kosher French brasserie, renowned for its excellent cuisine and in-house retail butcher shop. Jose de Meirelles is executive chef and co-owner of Le Marais NY and Clubhouse Cafe. He has loved cooking since he was a small boy growing up in Porto, Portugal. Although he attended business school and became a banker, food and cooking remained a dominant passion, and in 1987 he graduated the French Culinary Institute in New York. After stints at the famed La Reserve, Maxims, and Park Bistro, Jose decided to bring his classical style of cooking to the kosher community. He opened Le Marais NY in 1995 with Philippe Lajaunie in the Times Square area.
- Author(s)Jose Meirelles,Mark Hennessey
- PublisherGefen Publishing House
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintGefen Publishing House
- Weight1038 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.