All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis brisk retelling of Le Morte D'Arthur highlights the narrative drive, humor, and poignancy of Sir Thomas Malory's original while updating his fifteenth-century English and selectively pruning over-elaborate passages that can try the patience of modern readers. The result is an adaptation that readers can enjoy as a fresh approach to Malory's sprawling masterpiece. The book's most famous episodes--the sword in the stone, the cataclysmic final battle--are all here, while lesser-kwn key episodes stand forth with new brightness and clarity. The text is accompanied by an up-to-date bibliography, including websites and video resources, and a descriptive index keyed--like the retelling itself--to the book and chapter divisions of William Caxton's first printed edition of 1485.
- Author BiographyJoseph Glaser is Professor Emeritus of English, Western Kentucky University.
- Author(s)Sir Thomas Malory
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Content Note9
- Weight622 g
- Width6 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJoseph Glaser
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.