Lead Without Followers: How to Save Our World by Radically Redefining the Meaning of Leadership by Dave Ursillo Jr (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.05Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.68+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLead Without Followers is a radical reinterpretation of what it means to be a leader. The long-awaited debut of author Dave Ursillo is set against a disturbing backdrop: an escalating atmosphere of unbridled anger with our modern elected leaders; vemous partisan bickering in Washington D.C. and an uncharacteristic but prevalent pessimism shared by the American people. Our world is at a crossroads. As cynicism and hatred become the modern political status quo, America's ever-important place as the leader of the free world is falling into severe question. Lead Without Followers t only explores the cultural, social and political origins of today's Leadership Problem, but cuts into the heart of the human source of today's convoluted definition of what it means to lead. Lead Without Followers invites readers to abandon the political sphere in order to embark upon a unique personal journey to discover an unconventional and profound form of quiet leadership that can be embodied by men and women in any walk of life. The book lays out a step-by-step process for ordinary men and women to discover and harness a unique, highly-effective and influential form of quiet leadership. The philosophy reaches into the shared humanity of the reader to help him or her reconnect with leadership's truest traits, such as positivity and hope, love, selfless giving, forgiveness, compassion and much more. By becoming leaders without followers, readers free themselves from their disillusionments and regain a purer sense of what it really means to lead. And, by the book's end, the reader is invited to return to the political sphere and to reapply a newfound understanding and appreciation for genuine, earnest and authentic leadership to the important topic of who we elect into positions of power. Guided by the voice of a rising Generation-Y leader, Dave Ursillo lays out powerful but pragmatic methods for readers to access and understand leadership individually, in their everyday lives; and collectively, as an American nation entering in the 21st century. Lead Without Followers is a timely and important examination of what it really means to be a leader in our troubling day and age, and is bound to inspire its readers in any walks of life to begin leading-with, or without followers.
- Author BiographyDave Ursillo is a former politico insider turned writer, alternative leadership author and speaker. His experiences by age 23 spanned five governmental offices over six years from 2003 to 2009, including the White House Council on Environmental Quality under the Bush Administration in 2008 and as a political aide and body man to a Democratic state gubernatorial candidate in 2009. The Rhode Island native is considered a rising leader among Generation Y. His book and speaking engagements teach men and women how to become leaders without followers in any walk of life by discovering a personal and profound sense of inner leadership. At 23, Ursillo abandoned his fast-tracked career path in public service amid a crisis of identity and while battling depression. Opting for the unemployment line during a 100-year recession, Ursillo has built an expansive digital platform through a growing social media presence and as an avid writer, helpful personality and determined world-changer. Since its inception in 2009, DaveUrsillo.com has reached over 80,000 readers from 174 countries. In June 2011, Ursillo and his blog were also seen in a feature story on CBS News Sunday Morning about the world of blogging. Testimonials: Deep, thoughtful, heart full of gold. Jenny B. This guy has discovered at 25 what many people take a lifetime to find out. Bernardo M. Humble, passionate and hardworking. Jenna F. .. .doing his part to reinvent what leadership really should be all about. Mike V. One word. Magnetic. I became an instant fan. M. D'Arco .. .a true leader among us! Farnoosh B. A standing O for this my man!! I plan on taking this and applying it daily. Aaron A. Beautiful work Dave, way to flip leadership principles upside down. Jason M. One word, Dave: Exquisite. Thank you! Marlee W. Incredible. This is the age of awakening, and like you said, it's time to lead. Drew G. I love your leadership perspective. Natalie S. I love your perspective. Standing-O for you! Gwyn M. Got Goosebumps. You're onto something, Dave! Tia S. I spend many days teaching others. It's so nice to have someone teaching me again. Paul J.
- Author(s)Dave Ursillo Jr
- Date of Publication23/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.