Leader Business: Battle-Tested Leadership Strategies for Any Organization by Thomas Henry Magness IV (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery year, ineffective leadership costs American companies hundreds of millions of dollars in lost revenue, missed opportunities, preventable waste, and poor personnel decisions. How's your leadership? Are you getting the results you need? If t, maybe it's time for some basic training in leadership fundamentals. Drawing on over 25 years of military service, Tom Magness offers lessons learned in one of the world's foremost leadership laboratories: the U.S. Army. From the unforgiving environment of the National Training Center to Ranger training in the Florida swamps to the life-and-death stakes of combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, Leader Business examines how executives can use military leadership principles to achieve success in any organization. Leader Business takes the same proven four-step framework the Army uses to develop its leaders and applies it to the business world. You'll learn how to: Plan an ambitious vision and get employee buy-in. Prepare your team for battle by empowering them to take ACTION. Execute winning strategies and adapt to changing conditions. Learn the right lessons from every situation. These are the same battle-tested leadership practices used by the military leaders who earn high marks from the nation they serve. That's the power of Leader Business.
- Author BiographySince first entering the U.S. Army as a cadet at the United States Military Academy, Tom has been a leadership work in progress. He has led military organizations from Platoon to Brigade. His unique background combines his service and education as a professional engineer with the confidence and professional development that comes from being an Airborne Ranger! As a commander (CEO) with the US Army Corps of Engineers, he has completed numerous projects as part of multi-billion dollar construction programs ranging from locks and dams, to the border fence in Southern California and Southern Arizona, to large infrastructure projects in Afghanistan. He has taught engineering at the Military Academy at West Point and served as a coach / consultant at the Army's National Training Center. His final assignment in uniform was as commander (CEO) of a $5B construction program, leading 1,500 civilians and military in Afghanistan. Following retirement, Tom served as COO for a $300M international construction company until leaving to start his own company, teaching high-impact leadership strategies across the Country. He has published a highly impactful book on leadership - Leader Business: Battle-Tested Leadership Strategies for any Organization. He currently conducts leadership seminars and keynote addresses for clients that include: GE; Proctor & Gamble; City of San Diego; Los Angeles, San Diego, & Orange County (CA); and Energizer. Education BS, United States Military Academy (West Point), 1985 MS, Civil (Environmental) Engineering, University of Texas, Austin, 1995 Professional Registrations / Licenses Professional Engineer (P.E.), Commonwealth of Virginia, 1997-Present LEED Accredited Professional, 2009 Contact Information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 760.267.1335 Blog: www.leaderbusiness.blogspot.com
- Author(s)Thomas Henry Magness IV
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.