All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKwledge is built from personal experience and coloured by our needs and values. It follows that all kwledge is personal and incomplete. We all suffer from 'blind spots'. But when leaders have them, it matters. To guide people on a journey of continuous learning, understanding and adapting to events as they occur, leaders must overcome their own blind spots and those of their organization. Any leader who implements the practices outlined in this book will immediately improve their ability to perform in today's competitive global environment. Karen Blakeley provides in-depth analysis of how leaders learn on the job - and what gets in the way. Most importantly she offers a systematic approach for accelerating leaders' learning capacity - and maximising their performance potential.
- Author BiographyKAREN BLAKELEY is Assistant Director of the Centre for Leadership, Learning and Change at Cass Business School, City University and is also a director of Waverley Learning - a leadership development company. She recently completed her doctorate looking at how managers learned when their organisations went through change. Karen originally trained in finance and worked in the City for five years. She subsequently qualified as an organisational psychologist and has spent over 15 years helping individuals and organisations adapt to change. Karen has appeared on TV, radio and in the press commenting on the psychology of high performance in demanding environments such dealing rooms in the City. She regularly presents at conferences and has had a number of articles published in the area of senior executive coaching. Karen is working with a number of top international companies developing new tools and techniques to promote 'learning agility' amongst their current and future leaders.
- Author(s)Karen Blakeley
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width158 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.