All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionLeadership argues that finding satisfaction and sanity at work requires the development of both ambition and acceptance. While these traits seem to be at odds with one ather, Marques shows that each one has positive and negative elements and the trick is balancing the useful aspects of each to maximize success. The book defines this balance and its relationship to success, featuring real-world examples, useful diagrams, and cases to encourage students to reflect on how to apply these principles to their own lives. Laying the foundation for understanding the need to develop both ambition and acceptance, and providing the context for what performance means in modern times, Marques presents a framework for growing in one's own career. Students learn how to evaluate competing impulses, and how to make critical decisions to define career success. Students of career development, leadership and organizational behavior classes will appreciate its grounded, engaging writing style.
- Author BiographyJoan Marques serves as director of the BBA program and is Professor of Management at Woodbury University, USA. She has published in the Journal of Business Ethics, the Journal of Management Development, and Business and Society, and has authored or co-authored nine books on management and leadership topics.
- Author(s)Dr. Joan Marques
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2016
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight384 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.