All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChef Charles Carroll has answered our prayers and delivered a book, a bible, a life's journal shared by a real chef in today's modern kitchen. Chef John Folse, CEC, AAC From time to time, I buy motivational books for my managing partners and chefs, and this book is my all-time favorite gift. What Chef Carroll has to say is the real thing. Johnny Carrabba, founder, Carrabba's Restaurant A unique guide to leadership in the culinary arena, by a chef for chefs Leadership Lessons from a Chef is about creating excellence in the professional kitchen. Here the difference between good and great comes down to the details, and attention to these details comes from the right attitude reaching across all staff. A good culinary manager, according to author and award-winning Certified Executive Chef Charles Carroll, skillfully cultivates this attitude for success, and so leads the way toward kitchen excellence. Using stories and examples drawn from his many years' experience, Chef Carroll gives you a leader's tour through the working kitchen. Offering proven wisdom in plainspoken terms instead of abstract management theories, the practical tools and ideas found in this groundbreaking book can be used immediately to motivate and develop an effective team environment among kitchen staffs. Leadership Lessons from a Chef features: * Chef Carroll's formula for managing kitchen staffs SEF: Scheduling, Empowering, and Follow up and how the formula works in practice * Take-away boxes that reinforce key points * Chapters that progress logically, helping you evaluate and refine your goals, develop a mission and principles, and implement these in a motivational and positive way * Helpful forms for both greater efficiency and esprit de corps * Inspiring quotations, as well as life and work tips from Chef CarrollWhether you're a student just starting your culinary education, or an executive chef seeking to take your operation to a whole new level of excellence, Leadership Lessons from a Chef is an indispensable resource for all stages of your culinary career.
- Author BiographyCharles M. Carroll, CEC, AAC, is the Executive Chef at the River Oaks Country Club in Houston, Texas, which is among the top country clubs in the United States. He has received over seventy national and international awards, including three Presidential Medallions from the American Culinary Federation. A graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, Chef Carroll was the manager of the 2004 United States Regional Culinary Olympic Team, which won three gold medals and was ranked third internationally. Before joining River Oaks, Carroll held executive chef positions at Rochester, New York's Oak Hill Country Club and The Balsams Grand Resort Hotel in New Hampshire.
- Author(s)Charles Carroll
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, forms
- Weight264 g
- Width159 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.98Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.