All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis accessible and comprehensive textbook is designed specifically to develop students' understanding of leadership in a variety of contexts. Assuming prior experience of leadership in the business world, this book is a must-read for students embarking on their study of leadership, while thinking ahead to their own future employment. Drawing upon the author's extensive practical and academic experience, the book illustrates leadership in action using a wealth of international case studies. Examples have been carefully selected to highlight the practical application of leadership theory, both in a formal business context and in everyday life. Case studies are from the world of politics, entertainment, and sport; from Ed Milliband, Alan Sugar, and Lance Armstrong to Incent Drinks, the NHS, and voluntary organisations. The book presents leadership as relevant to all walks of life, allowing you to reflect on your own perspectives and experience of leadership in a range of situations. The book is divided in to two clear parts, which logically guide the reader through key theoretical concepts underpinning the study of leadership. These include behavioural models, situational theories, and contingency theory. The second part of the book is then devoted to related themes, such as ideas of power, teams, and change. This structure ensures a fundamental understanding of the basics of the subject, as well as a comprehensive grasp of relevant contemporary issues. A wealth of carefully designed learning features including 'pause for thought' boxes, key definitions, assignment questions, further reading, and self-test questionnaires develop your learning and allow you to check and reflect on your kwledge throughout every chapter. The author's lively writing style, combined with real-world case studies and supportive learning tools, makes this book essential reading for all pre-experience students wanting to understand more about how leadership ideas emerged, and the relevance of leadership to the world around them.
- Author BiographyKevin Roe completed his PhD at Lancaster University and continues to teach in Higher Education. He is also a Coach and Leadership Consultant specialising in leadership development, teamwork, and change in the private and public sectors.
- Author(s)Kevin Roe
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight722 g
- Width190 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.