All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about the ethics of leadership. The author examines central theories of leadership and their ethical content, from charismatic leadership to transformational and servant leadership. He argues that ethical leadership is best understood in the context of virtues practised in plural communities, focusing on an ethics of responsibility. This concept includes responsibility for ideas and for awareness of the social and physical environment, as well as plural accountability and shared responsibility for other people. This argument is developed through chapters that focus on military, religious, business and educational leadership. Each chapter is focused on a major case study, including Abu Ghraib, the Roman Catholic church child sex abuse scandal, the credit crunch and compensation, and the problems of sponsorship for public corporations. The chapters also draw out different ethical issues of leadership in general, including the use and abuse of power, appropriate leadership remuneration, leadership and development, and the necessity of wrongdoing for a greater good. Leadership Responsibility engages with the major theoretical debates in leadership ethics across several disciplines but also remains firmly rooted in practice.
- Author BiographySimon Robinson is Professor of Applied and Professional Ethics at Leeds Metropolitan University. He was educated at Oxford and Edinburgh and then worked as a psychiatric social worker before entering the Church of England priesthood in 1978. He was university chaplain at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, and then at the University of Leeds, while developing research and teaching in areas of applied ethics and practical theology. In 2004 he joined Leeds Metropolitan University. He has written extensively on business ethics, corporate social responsibility, the nature and dynamics of responsibility, ethics and culture, and ethics and care.
- Author(s)Simon Robinson
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication09/02/2011
- Series TitleNew International Studies in Applied Ethics
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2011
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight420 g
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.