All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book tackles such contemporary and critical issues as political parties without ideology and fraudulent elections, political assassination and godfatherism, pandemic corruption and the ailing ecomy, poverty and insecurity, to mention but a few. Tracing the political history of contemporary Nigeria in the context of these critical issues the author laments that 'leadership without a moral purpose' has destroyed the nation's ecomy and subjected the people to immeasurable ecomic hardship and misery. This book reframes the wrong perceptions the political leaders (particularly Obasanjo) have had about leadership and concludes that Nigeria needs a transformative leader, one who has an uncommon vision for change, a national leader who understands the dynamics of Nigerian politics and combines vision with pragmatism, a leader who has the ability to arouse the people's moral purpose and a genuine commitment to tackle the myriad problems facing the nation.
- Author BiographyVictor E. Dike is adjunct professor of Information Technology at National University (Sacramento Center), California, and a Business and Computer Instructor at the Fremont School for Adults (SCUSD). A prolific writer, his work has been published in academic journals, such as the NESG Economic Indicators and African Renaissance, and in more popular forums, such as the Daily Independent, Daily Champion, and Vanguard. Mr. Dike is the author of Democracy and Political Life in Nigeria (2nd ed.); New York, Lincoln, Shanghai: iUniverse, 2006, and Nigeria and the Politics of Unreason: A Study of the Obasanjo Regime; London: Adonis & Abbey, 2003. In addition to his teaching, research, and writing, Mr. Dike is the CEO, Center for Social Justice and Human Development (CSJHD), a nonprofit organization in Sacramento that provides educational and training programs to under served groups. A native of Nigeria, Mr. Dike lives in Elk Grove, California with his wife and their children.
- Author(s)Victor E Dike
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication14/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Foreword byChristian Nwachukwu Okeke Ph D
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.