Leadership and Diversity: Challenging Theory and Practice in Education by Marianne Coleman, Jacky Lumby (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do we mean by diversity? Why is it an important issue for leaders of schools, colleges and universities? As society becomes increasingly diverse, there is significant international awareness in education about how this impacts on leaders and leadership. For decades the emphasis has been placed on increasing the number of leaders with specific attributes, such as women or those from ethnic mirities, to encourage a true representation of society. This far-reaching book takes a wider view, challenging the reader to recognise the importance of diversity issues and to embed diversity as central within leadership theory and practice. Drawing on their extensive research the authors establish a clear understanding of what diversity means and use this to develop a distinct approach to conceiving leadership, preparing leaders and acting as leaders. They explain how diversity should be a holistic issue which touches every aspect of leadership and is vital to ensuring effective and appropriate leadership for education in pluralist societies.The authors explore the history of approaches to addressing inequities in access to leadership positions and the experience of leadership, from equal opportunities, to diversity and inclusion, to capabilities approaches. The book also proposes fundamental and concrete changes that leaders can undertake both in their own and their organisation's practice, to reflect a real commitment to social justice in a diverse society.
- Author BiographyJacky Lumby (Ph.D. University of Leicester) is Professor of Education and Head of the School of Education at the University of Southampton, UK. She has taught and led in a range of educational settings, including secondary/high schools, community and further/technical education. She has also worked for a Training and Enterprise Council, with a regional responsibility for developing leaders across the public and private sectors. She has researched and published widely on educational policy, leadership and management in schools and colleges, in the UK and internationally. Her work on leadership encompasses a range of perspectives, including diversity issues, comparative and international perspectives and leading upper secondary education. She has co-edited International handbook on the preparation and development of school leaders (2008). Her most recent book is, with Marianne Coleman, Leadership and Diversity: Challenging Theory and Practice in Education (2007). She is co- editor of the journal International Studies in Educational Administration and a member of the Council of the British Educational Leadership, Management and Administration Society.
- Author(s)Jacky Lumby,Marianne Coleman
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEducation Leadership for Social Justice
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight286 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $22.06Trending at AU $23.08
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.