All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirmly established as the leading text in its field, Leadership and Management Development is the ideal core text for students on the CIPD PDS qualification and on business and HR degree programmes, both at undergraduate and postgraduate level. This 5th edition has been re-titled and revised to focus more on leadership in line with how the subject is being taught today. It also achieves a greater balance between theory and practice, supporting in depth academic and critical coverage with real life case studies and examples from industry. Further improvements include: third author, specialising in industry and leadership, added to the prestigious line up; expanded coverage of diversity, ecology, ethics and SMEs; a more international, global perspective in line with current teaching practice; and completely revised and updated references to bring the book up to date. Learning Features - Weblinks and further reading enable students to explore key ideas, while 'reflect', 'conclude'and 'plan' boxes, discussion questions and group activities engage and challenge students, encouraging them to link issues with industry and form their own conclusions. It is written for - Students on the CIPD PDS qualification and on business and HR degree programmes, both at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Author BiographyAlan Mumford has worked in such firms as John Laing & Sons, IPC magazines, International Computers Ltd and the Chloride Group. He was also deputy chief training advisor at the Department of Employment. In 1983 he was appointed professor of management development at International Management Centres, and is still visiting professor there. He has worked with senior managers and directors and developers in a variety of organisations, including Ford of Europe, Pilkington, Unilever and Unison. He has published numerous articles and books and is a leading figure in the Management Development field. Jeffrey Gold is Principal Lecturer in Organisation Learning at Leeds Business School, Leeds Metropolitan University. He has published and presented conference papers on a wide variety of topics relating to management and organisation learning as well as being a textbook author. Richard Thorpe is Professor of Management Development and Deputy Director of the Keyworth Institute at Leeds University Business School.
- Author(s)Alan Mumford,Professor Richard Thorpe
- PublisherChartered Institute of Personnel & Development
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationWimbledon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChartered Institute of Personnel & Development
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width75 mm
- Height96 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.