All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
About this product
- Description'This is a timely and well crafted text which is to be commended, with strong chapters from kwledgeable and committed authors. A stimulating read and one which will be of considerable use to those with responsibility for leading and managing learning in social care and social work' - Keith Popple, Professor of Social Work, London South Bank University 'This is a welcome and timely book, which forecasts the growing need for workplace learning. I will be one of the first people to buy it' - Jan Fook, Professor of Social Work, University of Southampton This core textbook provides an authoritative overview of the leadership and management of learning in social care education and practice. Written in response to recent policy and continuing professional development frameworks, the book provides the underpinning kwledge for candidates following post-qualifying awards for social work in leadership, management and practice education Key features include: reference to the relevant post-qualifying standards in social work at Higher Specialist and Advanced levels an interprofessional approach case studies, activities and points for reflection. Leadership and Management in Social Care will equip readers with the relevant kwledge and skills they need to improve the quality of social care services and their delivery. With an emphasis upon continuing professional development it will become essential reading for students following social work and social care qualifications for continuing professional development. Social care practitioners responsible for staff development and interested in progressing to management roles will also find the book invaluable. Trish Hafford-Letchfield is a senior lecturer at London South Bank University for social work, higher education and leadership and management courses. Kate Leonard is a senior lecturer at LSBU and freelance trainer, assessor and mentor. Nasa Begum has been Principal Advisor for Participation at SCIE since 2003 and is a researcher. Neil Chick is Organisational Learning Manager for a housing association and coach mentor.
- Author BiographyTrish Hafford-Letchfield teaches at London South Bank University on the MSc Social Work, Leadership and Management PQ Award and on Pedagogical awards for academic staff. She has several years experience of managing adult services in the statutory sector and is currently Chair of a voluntary sector agency for Older People. Trish has several articles and books on management and organisational issues and has a particular interest in social inclusion issues in social work and social care and is currently researching the lifelong learning of Older People using Social Care Services .
- Author(s)Dr. Trish Hafford-Letchfield,Kate Leonard,Nasa Begum,Neil F. Chick
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.