All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Bush's critics charge the president with paying undue attention to opinion polls, focusing on symbol rather than substance, and allowing the nation to drift at a time that loudly demands leadership. In response, Mr. Bush's defenders applaud him for his prudence in the face of international instability, his resolution in the face of Iraqi aggression, and his realistic approach to national problems. Each chapter of Leadership and the Bush Presidency addresses these issues with specific regard to the upcoming presidential election, the potential for governance in a second term, and the legacy of the Bush presidency for future presidents. Leadership and the Bush Presidency offers the most comprehensive coverage of the Bush presidency to date. It includes chapters by the nation's foremost political scientists on leadership, executive branch relations, Congress, federalism, public opinion, the Republican Party, conservatives, domestic and foreign policy, and civil rights. This important book should appeal to the general reader seeking information about Bush's approach to the presidency and the conduct of his first term in office; to scholars interested in leadership and the contemporary presidency; to students seeking better understanding of the chief executive office in our times; and to libraries with collections in American politics and history.
- Author BiographyRYAN J. BARILLEAUX is Associate Professor of Political Science at Miami University, Ohio. He has authored several books on the presidency, including The President and Foreign Affairs (Praeger, 1985), The Post-Modern Presidency (Praeger, 1988), and The President as World Leader (1991). MARY E. STUCKEY is Assistant Professor of Political Science at the University of Mississippi. She is the author of Getting Into the Game: The Pre-Presidential Rhetoric of Ronald Reagan (Praeger, 1989), Playing the Game: The Presidential Rhetoric of Ronald Reagan (Praeger, 1990), and The President as Interpreter-in-Chief (1991).
- Author(s)Mary E. Stuckey,Ryan J. Barilleaux
- Date of Publication17/09/1992
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitlePraeger Series in Presidential Studies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight529 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.