Leadership for Everyone: How to Apply the Seven Essential Skills to Become a Great Motivator, Influencer, and Leader by Dr. Peter J. Dean (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.45+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionBusinesses today have a vital need to create self-directed employees - individuals who can positively and progressively fill leadership roles at every level of their organizations. But where will all these leaders come from? Award-winning leadership practitioner Dr. Peter Dean asserts that wherever interaction exists, so does the opportunity for leadership. Employees who share positive intentions, creative ideas, and laudable goals or who express insights that allow others to work beyond the status quo are, according to Dean, everyday, everywhere leaders who can and should be tapped due to their remarkable potential. Leadership for Everyone reveals how you can become such an influencer, mentor, and teacher, regardless of your title or position. Dean explains why leaders exist at all levels of the company - from the shop floor to the boardroom - and gives you a proven framework for asserting yourself as a leader in any situation. Whether you communicate with coworkers, managers, suppliers, or customers, Dean shows you how to practice leadership with every interaction, providing tools and advice you can use immediately to expand your influence and improve your leadership abilities.Based on Dean's popular L.E.A.D.E.R.S. Method[trademark] , which he developed during his many years of leadership study and experience, Leadership for Everyone reveals seven critical skills you must possess to perform as a true leader: listen to learn; empathize with emotions; attend to aspirations; diagse and detail; engage for good ends; respond with respectfulness; and speak with specificity. Dean presents guidelines for honing these skills through everyday practice in your actions and conversations. This will enable you to have greater influence in all the spheres of your life - both at work and at home - and prepare you to accept and attract more responsibility. Dean also offers you solutions and tactics to reinforce the effectiveness and productivity of your organization.The L.E.A.D.E.R.S. Method[trademark] takes courage, honesty, the ability to keep your own ego needs at bay - and persistent commitment. By meeting these challenges, Leadership for Everyone is guaranteed to lead you to success. It offers an invative way to enhance leadership skills in any situation; Regardless of rank, title, or station in life, anyone can be a leader. That's the assertion of Dr.Peter Dean, award-winning leadership practitioner. Today's organizations demand self-directed employees at every level - leaders that can work for them - and this book holds the key to developing and enhancing leadership abilities in any situation.Based on Dean's popular, proven L.E.A.D.E.R.S. Method[trademark] , Leadership for Everyone gives you the techniques and tools to master seven essential skills that will enable you to become an everyday, everywhere leader. You'll see how to seize the potential in any and every interaction to lead, positively and authentically. You'll influence each situation in which you're involved as you reinforce organizational effectiveness and productivity. And you'll share positive ideas and goals while working beyond the status quo. This book helps you: become a proactive contributor to any effort or team; harness the power of interpersonal relationships; confront, analyze, and work through any situation; create a mentoring, n-threatening environment for colleagues; and, fulfill your company's strategic vision.
- Author BiographyPeter J. Dean, Ph.D., holds the O. Alfred Granum Chair in Management at The American College, where he is an award-winning associate professor of management and leadership. The author of numerous papers and the recipient of several awards for teaching excellence from Wharton and Penn State, among others, Dean is an active consultant who has worked with such companies as Rockwell International., DuPont, Motorola, Sprint, and Johnson & Johnson.
- Author(s)Dr. Peter J. Dean
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight439 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.