Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIt is vital for healthcare leaders to have a clear sense of which leadership ideas and practices are rooted in sound theory and convincing evidence, and which are more speculative. This book provides a coherent set of six lenses through which to scrutinise the leadership literature relevant to healthcare - leadership concepts, characteristics, contexts, challenges, capabilities and consequences. It offers a view of leadership beyond the traditional focus on the individual, and argues instead that leadership has to be understood and developed as a complex set of practices by many people within specific organisational and inter-organisational contexts and cultures.
- Author BiographyJean Hartley is Professor of Organizational Analysis at the Institute of Governance and Public Management, Warwick Business School, Warwick University. She undertakes research into public leadership and is also concerned with innovation and improvement in and between public service organizations. John Benington is Emeritus Professor at the Institute of Governance and Public Management, Warwick Business School, Warwick University, where for over 20 years he has led Warwick Business School's research, development and teaching work in the fields of public policy and management.
- Author(s)Jane Martin,Jean Hartley,John Benington
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication24/03/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Out-of-print date20/08/2015
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.