All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of educational leadership makes little sense unless it is in relation to who the leaders are, how they are leading, what is being led and with what effect. Based on the premise that learning is at the heart of leadership and that leaders themselves should be learners, the Leadership for Learning series explores the connections between educational leadership, policy, curriculum, human resources, and accountability. Each book in the series approaches its subject matter through a three-fold structure of process, themes and impact. Series Editors - Clive Dimmock, Mark Brundrett and Les Bell What is the role of leadership in developing strategies that enhance learning outcomes? Leadership for Quality and Accountability in Education addresses the interconnected issues of quality and accountability in the education system and provides a coherent framework within which these issues can be analysed. The authors outline the significance of promoting quality in all educational establishments and go on to discuss why quality and accountability have become so essential to the framework of leadership in education, how quality and accountability have been utilised on a national and international scale and what the defining characteristics of these terms are. The book is divided into three sections which explore three linked key aspects: * Part I focuses on the concept and nature of quality and accountability and the process of developing a culture of quality; * Part II addresses the issues of managing staff and resources, leadership for high-quality teaching and learning and relationships with stakeholders; * Part III considers the impact and prospect of quality and accountability, including internal evaluation and external inspection. The book will appeal to educational leaders and managers, advisors and inspectors, and academic researchers. It will also be of particular relevance to Masters and doctoral degree students specialising in school leadership and management.
- Author BiographyMark Brundrett is Professor of Educational Research in the Faculty of Education, Community and Leisure at Liverpool John Moores University, UK. Christopher Rhodes is Senior Lecturer in Educational Leadership in the School of Education at the University of Birmingham, UK.
- Author(s)Christopher Rhodes,Mark Brundrett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/08/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLeadership for Learning Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.