Leadership in a Diverse and Multicultural Environment: Developing Awareness, Knowledge and Skills by Paul B. Pedersen, Mary L. Connerley (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $101.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $121.43+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeadership in a Diverse and Multicultural Environment is suitable for a variety of management courses, well grounded in solid research, but written in an easy to comprehend style that: provides a culturally-centred leadership perspective allowing organizational leaders the opportunity to attend to the influence of culture; helps the reader find examples of how multicultural awareness can make their leadership task easier; and, promotes an organizational culture that is more satisfying to both individuals and their leaders by embracing and celebrating differences.
- Author BiographyMary Connerley is Associate Professor, Department of Management, Pamplin College of Business,Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Before coming to Virginia Tech, Dr. Connerley worked for five years with the Executive Development Program at the University of Iowa where her responsibilities included evaluating the entire program for thoroughness and continuity and serving as liaison between executives and faculty. Dr. Connerley has taught courses at the undergraduate, MBA, and doctoral levels, including Principles of Management, Human Resource Management, Staffing, Training and Development, and Managing Diversity in the Workplace. She has also been involved as a Management and Professional Development Program Facilitator. Her most recent programs have dealt with acquiring and keeping good employees and managing a multi-generational workforce. Dr. Connerley has been an active researcher and has published articles in journals such as Personnel Psychology, Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, Human Relations, as well as others. Her current research interests include various aspects of the staffing process, performance evaluation, and diversity. Honors for Dr. Connerley include being selected as a Multicultural Fellow at Virginia Tech, receiving a Pamplin College of Business Teaching Excellence Award, and receiving two Citations of Excellence for her research. Paul B. Pedersen is a visiting professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Hawaii and professor emeritus at Syracuse University. He has taught at the University of Minnesota, University of Alabama at Birmingham, and for six years at universities in Taiwan, Malaysia, and Indonesia. Pedersen was also on the summer school faculty at Harvard University, 1984-988 and the University of Pittsburgh semester at sea voyage around the world, spring 1992. International experience includes numerous consulting experiences in Asia, Australia, Africa, South America and Europe, and a Senior Fulbright award teaching at National Taiwan University 1999-2000. He has authored, co-authored or edited 40 books, 99 articles, and 72 chapters on aspects of multicultural counseling and international communication. Pedersen is a fellow in Divisions 9, 17, 45 and 52 of the American Psychological Association.
- Author(s)Mary L. Connerley,Paul B. Pedersen
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication26/05/2005
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.