All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to be a performing arts leader? Leadership in the Performing Arts addresses and analyzes this question by presenting the wisdom and expertise of eleven men and women with experience leading nprofit performing arts institutions in the United States. These successful leaders provide many real-world examples of business practices that may be generally applied by practitioners in our field, and throughout the nprofit sector. The book examines: The leader's career path and professional growth The leader's vision Leadership styles and the importance of interpersonal skills Setting and executing organizational priorities Leading decision-making and communication processes Creating change and invation Challenges faced in leading an institution Interviewees include: Kathy Brown, executive director of the New York City Ballet; Peter Gelb, general manager of the Metropolitan Opera; Heather Hitchens, president of the American Theatre Wing; Karen Brooks Hopkins, president and chief executive officer of the Brooklyn Academy of Music; Timothy J. McClimon, president of the American Express Foundation; Laura Penn, executive director of the Stage Directors and Choreographers Society; Arlene Shuler, president and chief executive officer of New York City Center; Paul Tetreault, director of Ford's Theatre; Nancy Umaff, executive director of the Mark Morris Dance Group; Patrick Willingham, executive director of The Public Theater; and Harold Wolpert, managing director of the Roundabout Theatre Company. Allworth Press, an imprint of Skyhorse Publishing, publishes a broad range of books on the visual and performing arts, with emphasis on the business of art. Our titles cover subjects such as graphic design, theater, branding, fine art, photography, interior design, writing, acting, film, how to start careers, business and legal forms, business practices, and more. While we don't aspire to publish a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are deeply committed to quality books that help creative professionals succeed and thrive. We often publish in areas overlooked by other publishers and welcome the author whose expertise can help our audience of readers.
- Author BiographyTobie Stein, Ph.D., is a recognized leader, keynote speaker, author, and professor, specializing in nonprofit and performing arts leadership, as well as workforce development education, and diversity and cultural exchange. She is a two-time Fulbright Specialist (Taiwan and Israel), and the director of the MFA Program in Performing Arts Management at Brooklyn College, The City University of New York.
- Author(s)Tobie S. Stein
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllworth Press,U.S.
- Weight285 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byRobert L. Lynch
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.