All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $40.53Free postage
- AU $45.81Free postage
- AU $45.87Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionA first-of-its-kind book on educational leadership with a global perspective This book offers multiple perspectives on educational leadership from the viewpoint of scholars, policymakers and practitioners. It considers leadership in context and highlights the importance of cultural influences in shaping and forming leadership practices. It is primarily concerned with 'leading futures' and the challenges faced by leading schools and school systems in an era of fast-paced techlogical change. It looks at leadership practices across four different levels (system, professional, leader and learner) and explores the connections therein. The book argues that these four levels are often viewed and described independently but in reality they are inherently interconnected and integrally related. In short, this book takes a multilevel, multicultural and multicontextual look at contemporary educational-leadership practice. Through this comparative lens, it presents new ideas, kwledge and insights that would be relevant and ultimately useful to educational leaders around the globe.
- Author BiographyAlma Harris is Professor of Educational Leadership at the Institute of Educational Leadership, University of Malaya, Malaysia. Since September 2012, she has been the Director of the Institute of Educational Leadership at the University of Malaya (UM). In 2010-2012 she was a senior policy adviser to the Welsh Government. Professor Harris holds visiting professorial posts at Moscow Higher School of Economics, Nottingham Business School, University of Wales and the University of Southampton. She is currently Past President of the International Congress for School Effectiveness and School Improvement. Professor Harris has published many books including Distributed Leadership Matters (2013), and Uplifting Leadership (2014) with Andy Hargreaves and Alan Boyle. Michelle S. Jones is Deputy Director at the Institute of Educational Leadership, UM, where she focuses upon academic development and internationalization. In 2008, she became a school effectiveness associate for the Welsh Government and subsequently a professional education adviser assisting teachers' and principals' professional learning in over 2,000 schools. Dr Jones has also been working with government agencies in England, Russia, Australia, Singapore and Malaysia to contribute to the design and delivery of their professional learning programmes.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE India
- Weight454 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlma Harris,Michelle S. Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.