All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis short book is about leading. About being a new kind of leader. Our businesses and our society sorely need new models of leadership. Leadership has, for far too long, been only for those who 'think they kw'. The authors reject many conventional ideas about leading, and instead show that it is something we can all do. They show how awareness, mindfulness and ticing can change the way we appreciate the complex situations we find ourselves in. As we understand that complexity, we can change what we tice and pay attention to. Including the often invisible forces of power that constrain how we think we should behave. It turns out we're t powerless; far from it. Drawing on the science of complexity, this book will show you how to make a difference: by learning to enquire, to speak up, and to respond more effectively to what is happening in the groups and teams you belong to.
- Author BiographyPete Burden @peteburden http: //www.linkedin.com/in/peteburden Pete is a very experienced business consultant, coach and facilitator. He left the corporate world in 1994, and since then has spent more than 20 years learning to help and support senior people who are growing and developing progressive, fair and sustainable businesses. He believes it is vital to combine the practical work of business - projects, ventures and day-to-day operations - with an attitude of enquiry and on-going learning. This, he believes, is a great strategy to build organisational resilience in the face of complexity and change. He has been a manager in a large US corporation, a director and chair of an SME, and an MD in several startup teams. In the '90s he helped the BBC and Which? find new ways to cope with the emerging digital world. In the early noughties he helped create a brand new way to deliver business support to SME MDs - through peer-to-peer learning. And until 2012 he was Exec Chair of a social media business that explored democratic working. Rob Warwick @smilerob http: //uk.linkedin.com/pub/rob-warwick/2/43/b01/ Rob has a doctorate in healthcare policy, focusing on the interaction between policy and frontline practice. This was gained whilst working as Head of Strategic Change for a large NHS organization where he worked closely with the English Department of Health on a national healthcare initiative. In addition to 14 years in a variety of NHS management positions, Rob has 8 years' experience in consultancy. Rob has held academic roles with Cass Business School and London Metropolitan University and is currently with the University of Chichester; subjects include healthcare, strategy, management and leadership. Rob's particular area of interest is the role of narrative in organisations and personal development and how this might be used to explore reflexivity, complexity and power relations in groups. Connected with this, Rob is also engaged in 'Conscious Business' where people in organisations think beyond profit and towards human development and growth, wider stakeholder needs, both now and for the future.
- Author(s)Pete Burden,Rob Warwick
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight209 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.