All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for school administrators, school leadership teams, and other teacher leaders, this resource provides essential guidelines for establishing effectiveaProfessional Learning Teams (PLTs).aTo ensure successful implementation, school leaders need support in taking the critical first steps toward creating job-embedded, collegial, schoolwide professional growth opportunities. Susan E. Sather provides a model for implementing PLTs and demonstrates howaschool leaders can lay the groundwork and provideathe necessary support for the work of PLTs during both the planning and implementation stages. Readers will find suggestions for creating the necessary conditions that lead to strong and sustainable teamsaand for anticipating and dealing with potential challenges.
- Author BiographySusan E. Sather is a senior program advisor at the Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory (NWREL) in Portland, OR. She leads the Laboratory's professional learning teams (PLT) work, supervising and conducting PLT training in schools around the nation. She also contributes to research on issues such as high school academic rigor. Sather has 38 years of experience in education, 17 as a teacher working with a dropout prevention program and in special education. Prior to joining NWREL, she was western regional manager and a staff developer for a whole-school reform model, Ventures Education Systems. She has conducted research and evaluation through the School of Education and the School of Social Welfare at the University of California Berkeley, and with ARC associates in Oakland, California. At ARC, she was a member of the Leading for Diversity research team and co-author of Leading for Diversity: How School Leaders Promote Positive Interethnic Relations. She has a PhD in educational administration from the University of California Berkeley.
- Author(s)Susan E. Sather
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight499 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.