All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- Description'Written by a very successful leader, problem solver and negotiator, the book combines a strong rationale for its practices, well delineated practical strategies, and vignettes from John Glaser's extensive background that provides the reader with a clear understanding of how to become a truly collaborative leader' - Pat Wolfe, Education Consultant Mind Matters, Inc 'What a marvelous blend of theory and practice! Glaser's writing is so engaging, so personal, and so informative that you will want to read every word. This book should be a requirement for every person who is serious about learning how to lead.' - Leonard O. Pellicer, Dean, College of Education and Organizational Leadership, University of La Verne Many leaders have to deal with groups that are full of distrust, suspicion, and ill feeling. Rather than rely on coercive power to solve problems, John Glaser advocates a leadership approach based on the principles of coherence. Based on his many years of experience as a superintendent and consultant in conflict resolution and employment negotiations, the author has found a more successful and effective means of solving problems through the creation of alignment and a sense of shared leadership. Containing practitioner-friendly resources, including charts, diagrams, sidebars, tools, strategies and real-life examples, this easy-to-use resource offers practical guidance to leaders experiencing conflict in their organizations. It will also help those leaders who want to create a community aligned around a common vision. Glaser outlines the steps for team-building and collaboration as: - Aligning the team - Focusing on the vision - Searching for solutions - Reaching agreements This book is intended for leaders in education, n-profit organizations, public administration and healthcare.
- Author BiographyJohn Glaser is Superintendent of the Napa Valley Unified School District in Napa, California. He was the founding partner of Glaser and Associates, a consulting firm focusing on effective interpersonal learning in individuals and organizations. Throughout his professional life he has explored the nature of dynamic leadership and how people come together to produce more powerful outcomes. His consulting experiences have included a general focus on organizational development, as well as specific training, mediation, and facilitation work with joint labor relations initiatives. Glaser was formerly an associate professor of Organizational Leadership at the University of La Verne in La Verne, California. He received his doctorate in education from the University of California, Berkeley. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author(s)John P. Glaser
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/02/2005
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.