All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTransform your school using tested core curriculum practices Adopting the Common Core State Standards is the beginning of a long journey to equity and excellence for all students. This book guides leaders in successfully implementing the CCSS, which will ultimately result in continuous quality improvement in schools. The author addresses these key issues and more:Transitioning schools and districts to align with the CCSSCommunicating to teachers and parents regarding the CCSSDetermining which teaching and learning practices need to changeGarnering resources and support for reformsSeveral timesaving and supportive professional learning resources are provided, including guiding questions, an antated bibliography, and a list of helpful references.
- Author BiographyConsulting Description Cheryl Dunkle is a Professional Development Associate with the Leadership and Learning Center located in Englewood, Colorado. She works with educators across the country in the areas of assessment, accountability, and standards implementation. She was a practicing elementary principal with Douglas County Schools from 1983-2001. Previous to that, she served as an elementary guidance counselor and a teacher of primary students for fourteen years. She retired from public education in July of 2001. In addition to her leadership in public schools, Cheryl has taught for several colleges and universities both online and in face-to-face courses and has coordinated a cohort teacher education program in the Denver metro area. Cheryl has a wealth of experience with professional development, including work as a district trainer of trainers in the areas of early childhood education, effective teaching strategies, group facilitation, Cognitive Coaching, student discipline, and techniques for success in working with parents. She has extensive knowledge in adult development and learning theory, as well as standards-based education and data driven decision-making. Her current area of study and interest is investigating the elements of successful implementation of the Common Core State Standards. Recognitions for her work include: National Distinguished Principal, president of the Colorado Association of Elementary School Principals and recipient of their department service award, member of the coordinating council for the Colorado Association of School Executives, and selection as planning principal for a new elementary school in Douglas County. Cheryl gained invaluable knowledge and skills about teaching, learning, and leadership through each of these challenging and rewarding professional experiences.
- Author(s)Cheryl A. Dunkle
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/06/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.