All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.55
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $51.32
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $26.19Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $35.56Trending at AU $40.90
- AU $30.33Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $17.41Trending at AU $22.48
About this product
- DescriptionLeading the Historical Enterprise: Strategic Creativity, Planning, and Advocacy for the Digital Age presents new ideas and strategies for leading and invating in museums, historical societies, historic sites, and other state and local history programs. The book blends insights from the best practices of model historical programs and museums with themes from the best recent studies of leadership. This is a practical book with concrete suggestions that can be applied in just about any program setting. It covers: *Demographics, techlogy, resource constraints, and other forces that are affecting the work of historical programs and museums *Developing mission and goals to keep programs responsive to changing needs, challenges, and opportunities *Effective strategies for leading and invating to keep programs vibrant *Engaging users and audiences for our programs in new ways *Putting information techlogy to work and engaging users in new ways *Day-to-day leadership of historical programs and museums The book will be of interest to trustees, directors and staff of museums, historic sites, historical societies, and other state and local history programs; policy makers, e.g , legislative staff with responsibility for policy or budgets of cultural programs; professors and students of public history; libraries; and other people interested in state and local history and in invation in cultural programs.
- Author BiographyBruce W. Dearstyne holds a BA in history from Hartwick College and a PhD in History from Syracuse University. He has taught American and New York State history at SUNY Albany, SUNY Potsdam, and Russell Sage College.
- Author(s)Bruce W. Dearstyne
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/12/2014
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleAmerican Association for State & Local History
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width160 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.