All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat's the first thing anyone hears about poison ivy? Leaflets three, let it be! But this engaging nfiction book will surprise readers who fear the itch--inducing plant. Taking us through the year, the narrative introduces the rabbit who nibbles on the tender leaves after a hard winter, the salamander who shelters in the plant's cool, umbrella--shadows, the fall insects who wrap themselves in poison--ivy blankets, and the birds who feast on its berries in the starving heart of winter. Poison ivy has always seemed mysterious in its danger, but it too has a purpose and it has something to give.
- Author BiographyAnita Sanchez's books include the middle grade novel, The Invasion of Sandy Bay, and an adult book on the history of dandelions titled The Teeth of the Lion. She lives on a farm in upstate New York with her husband and two sons. Robin Brickman's illustrations are three-dimensional images that she sculpts using watercolors, painted paper, scissors, and glue. Her books include A Log's Life and One Night in the Coral Sea, both of which were selected for the John Burroughs List of Nature Books for Young Readers; and Beaks!, which was a Junior Library Guild selection. She lives in western Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Anita Sanchez
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight399 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Robin Brickman
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Reading AgeFrom P
- Interest AgeFrom 4
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.61Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $42.83Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.