Lean Manufacturing: Tools, Techniques, and How to Use Them by William M. Feld (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $89.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are some very good books available that explain the Lean Manufacturing theory and touch on implementing its techniques. However, you cant learn how to be lean from merely reading the theory. And to be successful in the real-work environment you need a clear comprehension of how lean techniques work, rather than just a remote understanding of what they are. You need to kw what does and does t work in different situations. And you need the benefit of practical experience in their implementation. Lean Manufacturing: Tools, Techniques, and How to Use Them gives you the benefit of author and practitioner William Feld's 15 years of hands-on experience - and the lessons he's learned. Feld provides insight into the appropriate use of assessment, analysis, design, and, most importantly, deployment of a successful lean manufacturing program. Packed with practical advice and tips but t bogged down in theory, this book covers how, why, when, and what to do while implementing lean manufacturing. It equips you with the tools and techniques you need along with an understanding of how and why they work. Feld explores why an integrated approach is so much more beneficial in securing sustained improvement. He focuses on the interdependency of the Five Primary Elements: organization, metrics, logistics, manufacturing flow, and process control. He describes a proven, applied approach to creating a lean program using these elements. To keep up globally, and even locally, your manufacturing operation must be responsive, flexible, predictable, and consistent. You must continually improve manufacturing operations and cultivate a self directed work force driven by output based, customer performance criteria. By applying what you learn from Lean Manufacturing: Tools, Techniques, and How to Use Them you can build a workforce - and an organization - with the capacity to satisfy world class expectations w and into the future.
- Author(s)William M. Feld
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2000
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleResource Management
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSt Lucie Press
- Content Note71 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Contained items statementContains 20 Hardbacks
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.03Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.