All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionDrive Lean Sigma Performance Improvement into Any Hospital or Healthcare Environment The Affordable Care Act (ACA) looks like it is around to stay. It will require hospitals and other healthcare organizations to become ruthlessly efficient to survive reimbursement rate reductions. Even if ACA fell, managed care organizations have caught on. They will leverage patient volume to drive reimbursement rates steadily down. Medicare and Medicaid will follow. Lean Sigma may t be the only way healthcare organizations will survive, but it's a proven solution. In Lean Sigma-Rebuilding Capability in Healthcare, Dr. Wedgwood has presented a roadmap to successful implementation of Lean Sigma. -Richard H. Allen, Dr.P.H., Allen & Allen Consulting, LLC Lean Sigma, widely proven in other industries, can offer even greater value in healthcare. In this guide, Ian Wedgwood walks you through all leadership aspects associated with planning, executing, sustaining, or reinvigorating Lean Sigma in your hospital, system, or clinic. Drawing on his extensive experience helping healthcare organizations improve, Wedgwood explains Lean Sigma without stat speak. Focusing on care providers' unique challenges, he offers a practical roadmap for making Lean or Six Sigma work. He demonstrates it through real case studies, illuminating key facets of change that are too often igred. Coverage includes * How failure points in conventional change methods prevent performance improvement * Lean Sigma's structured change approach: why infrastructure and sequencing matter so much * Integrating Lean Sigma with strategy and operations * Elevating individual process performance * Launching a Lean Sigma program or revitalizing a stalled initiative * Learning from experience, and increasing program maturity Whatever your Lean Sigma leadership role-from patient-facing staff to senior executive to performance improvement specialist-this guide gives you an indispensable foundation for success.
- Author BiographyDr. Ian Wedgwood, President and CEO of Haelan Group, has more than 20 years of experience guiding organizations through change. He has led and facilitated dozens of Lean Sigma deployments in industries as diverse as healthcare, electronics, engineered materials, chemicals, banking, and hospitality, and has trained and mentored numerous executives, Champions, and Belts. Ian's healthcare focus for the past decade has been guiding leadership in organizations ranging from large systems to single hospitals, from behavioral health to managed care. He holds a Ph.D. and First-Class Honors degree in Applied Mathematics from Scotland's St. Andrew's University. He authored Lean Sigma: A Practitioner's Guide, considered a seminal work in the field of Lean, Six Sigma, and performance improvement.
- Author(s)Ian D. Wedgwood
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.