All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo compete with today's increasing globalization and rapidly evolving techlogies, individuals and organizations must take their ability to learn-the foundation for continuous improvement, operational excellence, and invation-to a much higher level. In Learn or Die, Edward D. Hess combines recent advances in neuroscience, psychology, behavioral ecomics, and education with key research on high-performance businesses to create an actionable blueprint for becoming a leading-edge learning organization. Learn or Die examines the process of learning from an individual and an organizational standpoint. From an individual perspective, the book discusses the cognitive, emotional, motivational, attitudinal, and behavioral factors that promote better learning. Organizationally, Learn or Die focuses on the kinds of structures, culture, leadership, employee learning behaviors, and human resource policies that are necessary to create an environment that enables critical and invative thinking, learning conversations, and collaboration. The volume also provides strategies to mitigate the reality that humans can be reflexive, lazy thinkers who seek confirmation of what they believe to be true and affirmation of their self-image. Exemplar learning organizations discussed include the secretive Bridgewater Associates, LP; Intuit, Inc.; United Parcel Service (UPS); W. L. Gore & Associates; and IDEO.
- Author BiographyEdward D. Hess is professor of business administration and Batten Executive-in-Residence at the Darden Graduate School of Business. He is the author of eleven books, including Smart Growth: Building an Enduring Business by Managing the Risks of Growth, which was named a Top 25 business book for business owners by Inc. Magazine and was awarded the Wachovia Award for Research Excellence. His current research focuses on innovation systems and organizational learning cultures, behaviors, and processes.
- Author(s)Edward D. Hess
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleColumbia Business School Publishing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content NoteFigures: 3,
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.