All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionHTML and CSS can be a little daunting at first but fear t. This book, based on Shay Howe's popular workshop covers the basics and breaks down the barrier to entry, showing readers how they can start using HTML and CSS through practical techniques today. They'll find accompanying code examples online, while they explore topics such as the different structures of HTML and CSS, and common terms. After establishing a basic understanding of HTML and CSS a deeper dive is taken into the box model and how to work with floats. The book includes an exercise focused on cleaning up a web page by improving the user interface and design, solely using HTML and CSS. With a few quick changes the web page changes shape and comes to life. Interactive, technically up-to-the-minute and easy-to-understand, this book will advance a student's skills to a professional level.
- Author BiographyAs a designer and front end developer, Shay Howe specializes in product design and interface development. Shay has designed front end architectures for a variety of clients including Groupon, The Phoenix Children's Hospital, Belly, lightbank, and others. Additionally, Shay is a seasoned educator, having taught front end design and development at the Starter League in Chicago. He has spoken and held workshops at SXSWi 2013, HTML5 Developer Conference, CSS Developer Conference, Future of Web Design, WebVisions, Techweek, and more, and has published with Smashing Magazine, UX Booth, and Design Informer. In his spare time Shay helps co-organize Chicago Camps, Refresh Chicago, and UX Happy Hour.
- Author(s)Shay Howe
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Riders Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width179 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.