All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionNEW IN PAPERBACK Patchwork quilting has long been a popular craft, but it is w reaching an even wider audience through the imaginative quilts and covers that are on sale commercially in home furnishings departments. Learn to Quilt is the perfect guide for the complete beginner, starting with a really basic hand quilt, then progressing to simple rotary cutting and machine piecing through to slightly more complex block patterns and some simple design work. Each of the techniques is shown in clear step-by-step photographs with concise instructions, and is followed by a project so the reader can build up skills as progress is made through the book. Each project is illustrated with clear and colourful diagrams. A whole range of delightful patchwork quilts for the home can be made following the techniques explained, from a simple baby's cot quilt to an eyecatching throw or a colourful and cosy cushion quilt. All are made in clear, light, fresh fabrics in 100% cotton. Not only does this book teach new skills, it also provides projects for fabulous quilts to display in contemporary homes.
- Author BiographySharon Chambers was born in Dallas in the United States, but has lived in the UK for the last 30 years. She is perfectly qualified to write this book through her long association with The Quilt room, a specialist quilt shop, where she works both as a consultant to the many first time quilters who come asking for advice, and as a teahcer of the popular workshops held above the shop. She lives in West Sussex.
- Author(s)Sharon Chambers
- PublisherIMM Lifestyle Books
- Date of Publication25/06/2008
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Content Note140 colour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.