All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone agrees that we quilters love fabric and the more we have in our stash, the better! And w you can learn how to take that valuable fabric stash and turn it into beautiful quilts that you ll truly love and enjoy for years to come! Join Gyleen Fitzgerald as she takes you on a quilting journey that will change your life. You ll learn how to make order and harmony from that stash of fabric and how to balance bold prints with smaller prints and in-between prints. You ll understand how to group color families in a scrap quilt to make the project sing. As you follow along in this class, you ll feel empowered to turn to your fabric stash instead of heading to the fabric store when starting a new project! In this class you ll learn how to: Create a visually pleasing fabric choir with a soloist (focal fabric), harmonizer (fabric that bridges the soloist to the choir members), choir members (scraps) and stage (background fabric). . Recognize what makes a bold print work or t work as a quilt s focal fabric. . Cut scraps into precut shapes for faster quilting. . Organize your scraps so you kw what s in your stash at any time. . Line antique blocks to add stability and longevity. . Use both precuts and scraps in one quilt. . Cut triangles, diamonds, hexagons, half-hexagons and cones with Gyleen s Polygon and Polygon2 tools. . Turn antique blocks of varying sizes into uniform-size blocks by adding borders and corner triangles. . Make an on-point square pieced border. . Calculate a float border to accommodate any quilt. . Make a pieced scrap backing for any quilt. Class includes complete instructions to make three beautiful, exclusive scrap quilts: Hopscotch Table Runner, Paradise Dream wall hanging and Arrowhead Star Quilt With Pieced Border.
- Author BiographyGyleen X. Fitzgerald is known for her exquisite quilts that beautifully blend color, pattern and texture to provide a contemporary essence in traditional quilting. Her strength as a quilter is demonstrated by her infusion of engineering tools and innovative techniques that simplify visually complex quilts. She shares her enthusiasm for quilting through interactive lectures and workshops. As a writer, Gyleen centers on haiku poetry, quilt project books, magazine articles and children's books. As an avid quilter, Gyleen has earned Best of Show honors, and as a published author, she has won a Gold Medal for Quilts: Unfinished Stories with New Endings. She is best known for the inspiring Trash to Treasure Pineapple Quilts and the creation of the Pineapple Tool by Gyleen. She has also created the popular Polygon and Polygon2 quilting tools. Gyleen has appeared on The Quilt Show and Lifetime TV promoting a contemporary spirit in traditional quiltmaking. For Gyleen, dreams hold no limits. Ray, her husband, is her shining light, and quilting is her passion; together they color her world in a very special way. Gyleen is a Philadelphia, Penn., native who spent her formative years in Taiwan and Japan.
- Author(s)Gyleen X Fitzgerald
- PublisherAnnie's Attic
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnnie's Attic
- Weight204 g
- Width211 mm
- Height269 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Contained items statementContains DVD video
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.