Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $76.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 15 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn to Teach explores the most up-to-date findings on how children learn, to help teachers create effective learning environments and plan for teaching. Drawing on a neo-Vygotskian approach to learning, it covers the purpose of education; socio-cultural approaches to human cognition; attention and intelligence as cognitive tools; and the role of mindsets, memory and language in learning. It promotes the idea that the mind is a cultural product and that education is best understood as fostering the development of valued cognitive tools appropriate for the twenty-first century. To provide readers with a holistic understanding of learning, the book explores the significant contributions to the study of learning and teaching from psychologists, sociologists and cultural theorists. Readers are encouraged to critically engage with - and challenge - some of the prevailing learning theories in order to better understand their students. Each chapter features classroom observation exercises, discussion questions and links to further reading.
- Author BiographyCatherine Scott is a Senior Lecturer at the Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne.
- Author(s)Catherine Scott
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight400 g
- Width174 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.