All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may t be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the loose-leaf version.A n-categorical, characteristics approach to addressing high-prevalence mild disabilities.Learners with Mild Disabilities: A Characteristics Approach focuses on high-prevalence disorders affecting school learners today, including mild intellectual disabilities, learning disabilities, emotional/behavioral disorders, ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, and communication disorders, as well as on low incidence conditions that may manifest in the milder range, for example sensory, physical, health, or TBI. The author lays the foundation for addressing the needs of special learners and then focuses on learners from the perspective of alternative n-categorical frameworks. She describes students with disabilities and related conditions with respect to a variety of individual strengths and needs, considering their cognitive, language, academic learning, and social/emotional characteristics. Readers see how to apply these conceptual frameworks by analyzing a number of vignettes and extended case studies based on the experiences of real children and teachers. Designed as a primary text for use in undergraduate and graduate courses addressing the characteristics of learners with high prevalence or milder levels of disability, the text is also useful for the first specialized course in a special education program. It supports programs in inclusive education or the growing area of generic special education. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video. Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(r) and Android(r) tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
- 0134256670 / 9780134256672 Learners with Mild Disabilities: A Characteristics Approach, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
- 0134256689 / 9780134256689 Learners with Mild Disabilities: A Characteristics Approach, Loose-Leaf Version
- Author BiographyEileen Raymond taught for 18 years in university programs preparing teachers for serving special needs learners, after working as a special educator for ten years in US public schools. From 2005-2009, she was associate dean of the School of Education and Professional Studies at the SUNY Potsdam where she now holds the rank of associate dean and professor emeritus. In 2009, Dr. Raymond was a Fulbright Scholar at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in South Africa. She continues to work as a Research Associate with NMMU colleagues on curriculum development in teacher education and barriers to learning at the university level. Her current research focuses on issues relating to serving learners facing barriers to learning in inclusive settings. In addition to Learners with Mild Disabilities, she has written Making Inclusive Education Work in Classrooms (Pearson South Africa, 2013) with five South African colleagues. She frequently presents on topics of inclusive practice in the United States and internationally, with a particular focus on Universal Design for Learning. She is an active member of the Council for Exceptional Children, serving as President of its Division for International Special Education Services (DISES) from 2015-2017.
- Author(s)Eileen B Raymond
- Date of Publication23/01/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleWhat's New in Special Education
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight703 g
- Width213 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Loose-leaf
- Edition Statement5th
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.