Learning Android Game Programming: A Hands-On Guide to Building Your First Android Game by Richard A. Rogers (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.47+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionBuild the Next Great Android Game! Learning Android Game Programming is your hands-on, start-to-finish guide to creating winning games for today's rapidly growing Android mobile device marketplace. If you have even basic Android development experience, Rick Rogers will help you build on your kwledge to quickly create low-budget 2D mobile games that sell. The book starts with an up-to-the-minute overview of today's Android mobile games marketplace, reviews each leading genre, and teaches you the foundational concepts of game development. You'll design a simple game, then master every step of game development with AndEngine-the powerful, open source, free game-development engine. Every chapter teaches with sample code you can actually use, including many examples drawn from the published game, Virgins Versus Vampires (V3). With this book you'll learn how to *Use free Android tools for creating code, artwork, and sound*Implement the game loop that is at the heart of Android games*Bring your game to life with scene transitions and entity modifiers*Make the most of bitmap and vector graphics, sprites, and animation*Integrate user input via touch, multitouch, keyboard, voice recognition, accelerometer, location, and compass*Build infinite virtual worlds with tile maps*Create, save, and reuse powerful particle effects*Find, acquire, modify, and use background music and sound effects*Implement highly realistic physics effects with Box2D*Use AI techniques to make your games smarter and more fun*Build a scoring framework based on collisions between your game elements Download the free version of Virgins Versus Vampires (V3) from Android Market today, as you learn how to build the game in this book
- Author BiographyRick Rogers has been developing software for more than thirty years and has been focused on software for mobile devices for the last twelve years. He is the author of numerous technical magazine articles and a previous book on introductory Android application development. He has developed mobile device software for large and small companies, and participated in international consortia that have shaped the evolution of mobile devices.
- Author(s)Richard A. Rogers
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight717 g
- Width177 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.