All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionCreate, analyze, maintain, and share 2D and 3D maps with the powerful tools of ArcGIS Pro About This Book * Visualize GIS data in 2D and 3D maps * Create GIS projects for quick and easy access to data, maps, and analysis tools * A practical guide that helps to import maps, globes, and scenes from ArcMap, ArcScene, or ArcGlobe Who This Book Is For This book is for anyone wishing to learn how ArcGIS Pro can be used to create maps and perform geospatial analysis. It will be especially helpful for those that have used ArcMap and ArcCatalog in the past and are looking to migrate to Esri's newest desktop GIS solution. Though previous GIS experience is t required, you must have a solid foundation using Microsoft Windows. It is also helpful if you understand how to manage folders and files within the Microsoft Windows environment. What You Will Learn * Install ArcGIS Pro and assign Licenses to users in your organization * Navigate and use the ArcGIS Pro ribbon interface to create maps and perform analysis * Create and manage ArcGIS Pro GIS Projects * Create 2D and 3D maps to visualize and analyze data * Author map layouts using cartographic tools and best practices to show off the results of your analysis and maps * Import existing map documents, scenes, and globes into your new ArcGIS Pro projects quickly * Create standardized workflows using Tasks * Automate analysis and processes using ModelBuilder and Python In Detail ArcGIS Pro is Esri's newest desktop GIS application with powerful tools for visualizing, maintaining, and analyzing data. ArcGIS Pro makes use of the modern ribbon interface and 64-bit processing to increase the speed and efficiency of using GIS. It allows users to create amazing maps in both 2D and 3D quickly and easily. This book will take you from software installation to performing geospatial analysis. It is packed with how-to's for a host of commonly-performed tasks. You will start by learning how to download and install the software including hardware limitations and recommendations. Then you are exposed to the new Ribbon interface and how its smart design can make finding tools easier. After you are exposed to the new interface, you are walked through the steps to create a new GIS Project to provide quick access to project resources. With a project created, you will learn how to construct 2D and 3D maps including how to add layers, adjust symbology, and control labeling. Next you will learn how to access and use analysis tools to help you answer real-world questions. Lastly, you will learn how processes can be automated and standardized in ArcGIS Pro using Tasks, Models, and Python Scripts. This book will provide an invaluable resource for all those seeking to use ArcGIS Pro as their primary GIS application or for those looking to migrate from ArcMap and ArcCatalog. Style and approach This book includes detailed explanations of the GIS functionality and workflows in ArcGIS Pro. These are supported by easy-to-follow exercises that will help you gain an understanding of how to use ArcGIS Pro to perform a range of tasks.
- Author BiographyTripp Corbin, GISP is the CEO and a cofounder of eGIS Associates, Inc. He has over 20 years of surveying, mapping, and GIS-related experience. He is recognized as an industry expert with a variety of geospatial software packages, including Esri, Autodesk, and Trimble products. He holds multiple certifications, including Microsoft Certified Professional, Certified Floodplain Manager, Certified GIS Professional, CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer, Esri Certified Enterprise System Design Associate, and Esri Certified Desktop Professional. During the course of his career, Tripp has assisted many private and public organizations to implement and maintain GIS solutions. Cities and counties have relied on his expertise to help them make the transition from hard copy maps into the digital world of GIS. Private companies, including engineering, surveying, planning, and forestry, often seek Tripp's experience to help them in various projects. Tripp's knowledge of GIS and surveying along with the ability to use multiple software packages has proven to be an invaluable asset. As a GIS instructor, Tripp has taught students worldwide the power of GIS. He is a GIS instructor for the Institute for Transportation Research and Education at North Carolina State University, the Continuing Studies Center at University of North Alabama, and Davidson County Community College. He has authored many GIS classes on topics ranging from the beginner level, such as Introduction to GIS Fundamentals using ArcGIS to more advanced classes, such as Using AutoCAD in ArcGIS and Performing GIS Analysis with ArcGIS. In addition to teaching and authoring classes, Tripp has overseen the establishment of GIS training programs at these institutions. Tripp is a very active member of the GIS professional community. He is a past president of Georgia URISA and URISA International Board Member. He currently serves on the GISP Application Review committee and as an At-Large GITA Southeast Board Member. Tripp is continually asked to present and conduct workshops at GIS-related conferences. He has conducted workshops on the GISP Certification, Deploying Mobile Solutions, GIS and Land Surveying, and Using GNSS Technologies at conferences, such as GIS Pro, Georgia Geospatial Conference, North Carolina GIS Conference, Ottawa GIS Conference, and others. Other contributions Tripp has made to the GIS Profession include helping to draft the Geospatial Technology Competency Model that was adopted by the US Department of Labor and providing help to other GIS Professionals around the world on various blogs, lists, and forums. In recognition of his contributions, he has received several awards, including the URISA Exemplary Leadership Award and the Barbara Hirsch Special Service Award.
- Author(s)Tripp Corbin
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication04/12/2015
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.