All listings for this product
About this product
- Description50 Techniques for Engaging Students and Assessing Learning in College Courses Do you want to: * Kw what and how well your students are learning? * Promote active learning in ways that readily integrate assessment? * Gather information that can help make grading more systematic and streamlined? * Efficiently collect solid learning outcomes data for institutional assessment? * Provide evidence of your teaching effectiveness for promotion and tenure review? Learning Assessment Techniques provides 50 easy-to-implement active learning techniques that gauge student learning across academic disciplines and learning environments. Using Fink's Taxomy of Significant Learning as its organizational framework, it embeds assessment within active learning activities. Each technique features: purpose and use, key learning goals, step-by-step implementation, online adaptation, analysis and reporting, concrete examples in both on-site and online environments, and key references all in an easy-to-follow format. The book includes an all-new Learning Goals Inventory, as well as more than 35 customizable assessment rubrics, to help teachers determine significant learning goals and appropriate techniques. Readers will also gain access to downloadable supplements, including a worksheet to guide teachers through the six steps of the Learning Assessment Techniques planning and implementation cycle. College teachers today are under increased pressure to teach effectively and provide evidence of what, and how well, students are learning. An invaluable asset for college teachers of any subject, Learning Assessment Techniques provides a practical framework for seamlessly integrating teaching, learning, and assessment.
- Author BiographyELIZABETH F. BARKLEY is professor of music at Foothill College in Los Altos, California. She is a nationally known scholar, educator, and consultant and has been the recipient of several honors, including The Chair Academy's Outstanding Leadership Award for work with learning outcomes assessment and being named California's Higher Education Professor of the Year by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. She is author of Student Engagement Techniques from Jossey-Bass. CLAIRE HOWELL MAJOR is professor of higher education at the University of Alabama. Her expertise is in teaching and learning in higher education and in qualitative research methods. With Elizabeth Barkley, she is the author of Collaborative Learning Techniques, Second Edition from Jossey-Bass.
- Author(s)Claire Howell Major,Elizabeth F. Barkley
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication08/01/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1082 g
- Width214 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.