All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides coaches, educators, parents, and others dealing with students and athletes with an engaging and critical venue by which to examine contemporary issues and controversies surrounding sport. In this text, authors take up the challenges faced by sport in our world, especially as it relates to the lives of young people, providing multiple perspectives on the issues, problems, and possibilities of sport in contemporary American society.
- Author BiographySandra Spickard Prettyman is an assistant professor at the University of Akron where she teaches courses in Cultural Foundations of Education and Qualitative Research. Brian Lampman is a secondary educator at Saline Middle School (MI) where he teaches eighth grade social studies, integrating sports sociology concepts into his course. Brian also coaches the varsity boys' soccer team in Saline.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/03/2006
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byBrian Lampman,Sandra Spickard Prettyman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.