All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearning disabilities is a subject that is usually associated with school-aged children where the research and intervention strategies are well kwn. Much less research has been done for assessing and diagsing older adolescents and adults in this area. This work is an effort to provide a comprehensive review of what we kw about certain of these disorders, specifically: * language-based learning disorders; * nverbal learning disorders; * high-functioning autism; * attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder; and * mathematics disorders and how they manifest themselves in the later years of development and maturity. A chapter addresses each one of these disorders of learning. Included in each chapter is a discussion of historical perspectives, definitions and diagstic criteria, incidence and prevalence data, comorbidity studies, pertinent research from all relevant fields of study, reasonable accommodations in academia as well as the workplace, and outcome data. This much-needed review will be of interest to clinicians in neuropsychology, educational psychology, and psychopharmacology.
- Author(s)Gerald Goldstein,Lynda J. Katz,Sue R. Beers
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication01/08/2001
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleCritical Issues in Neuropsychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlenum Publishing Co.,N.Y.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1200 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.