All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you kw a bit of English, and want to improve without a teacher? Whether you're a student, a traveller, or you just want to learn basic English, this plain-speaking guide will help you pick up the essentials so you'll be understanding and speaking English in time. Improve your grammar, speech, vocabulary and pronunciation at your own pace, and prepare yourself to get around in any English-speaking country comfortably - and without embarrassment! Learning English as a Foreign Language For Dummies includes: Part I: Getting Started Chapter 1: You Already Kw a Little English Chapter 2: Basic English Grammar Chapter 3: Greetings and Introductions Part II: English in Action Chapter 4: Shopping and Numbers Chapter 5: Eating Out Chapter 6: Out on the Town Chapter 7: Hobbies and Free Time Chapter 8: Talking on the Phone Chapter 9: At the Office and Around the House Chapter 10: Written English - Newspapers and Signs Part III: English on the Go Chapter 11: Money Chapter 12: Checking into a Hotel Chapter 13: Asking Directions and Getting Around Chapter 14: Handling Emergencies Part IV: The Part of Tens Chapter 15: Ten Ways to Speak English Quickly Chapter 16: Ten Favourite English Expressions Chapter 17: Ten Holidays to Remember Chapter 18: Ten Phrases That Make You Sound Fluent in English Part V: Appendices Appendix A: Phrasal verbs explained Appendix B: Common Verbs [Agree, Can / be able, Come, Do, Go, Have, Make , Need, Put, Think] English Irregular Verbs Appendix C: On the CD Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are t included as part of eBook file.
- Author BiographyGavin Dudeney is Project Director at The Consultants-E, a company specialising in online learning and teaching in education. He works regularly with the International House World Organisation and other leading teaching entities. Nicky Hockly is Director of Pedagogy at The Consultants-E. She works as a teacher and teacher trainer, both online and face-to-face, and gives seminars and workshops around the world.
- Author(s)Gavin Dudeney,Nicky Hockly
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2009
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight698 g
- Width188 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.