All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionModule 1 Part 2 Workbook: CURRICULUM FOR BEGINNERS Second Edition Learning English with Laughter's Teen-adult series has four Modules. This Workbook is part of a series of the three books, Student Reader, Workbook and Teacher's Guide that comprise Module 1 Part 2. It is intended for English second language beginners aged 13 years and older. This Workbook has 44 pages for 20 lessons. It provides practice of all concepts taught in the Student Reader and includes a 9 page glossary of the 274 words introduced in the new vocabulary. There are spaces for student's tes. THE STUDENTS DO THE WRITTEN WORK IN THIS WORKBOOK. Many of the exercises and activities will be incomplete if bought without the series - Student Reader, Workbook and Teacher's Guide. All answers, tests and extra activities for photocopying are in the Teacher's Guide. Throughout the book the students participate in: - Reading a neighborhood map to answer questions - Answering questions in sentences. - Writing answers using some and any - Word Bingo - Cloze exercises that review prepositions - Match the Meaning - Written partner activity using a, an, the, some - Cloze exercises that review vocabulary - Sentence word order - Gathering and recording information - Past tense Word Bingo - Writing present progressive tense sentences - Questioning and recording a partner's answers - Using spelling rules - Answering questions using the present progressive tense - Match the meaning Word Bingo - Changing sentences from the past tense to the past progressive - Recording past information - Placing time phrases in sentences - Recording oral information on a chart - Changing sentences from the present tense to the future tense - Writing sentences using question words - Cloze exercise using the future tense - Writing answers using by and in for mode of travel - Recording information using role cards These activities and exercises reinforce the contents of Module 1 Part 2 Student Reader. The availability of this series of Modules, each in two Parts, allows schools, colleges and universities to provide books for half of each Module at a time giving flexibility to administering the program. These books have been popular for the last decade. The online version is being used in more than 70 countries of the world.
- Author BiographyDaisy Stocker B.Ed., M.Ed. taught in the British and Canadian school systems in different capacities over many years. George Stocker D.D.S. practiced Dentistry and taught in hospitals, colleges and universities. In 1990 they left their Canadian careers and traveled to Czechoslovakia to teach and assist in establishing the first private language school in the country. During the following years the Stockers developed this series of textbooks. Frequent surveys were given to the students to assess the many components of their lessons. The results of the surveys were discussed with the students and only the most helpful content was retained. This grassroots feedback obtained from our students has been positively confirmed by students and teachers in more than 70 countries around the world. Since leaving the Czech Republic the Stockers have taught in Budapest, Hong Kong and Northern India. They make their home in Victoria, Canada.
- Author(s)Dr George A Stocker,Dr George a Stocker D D S,MR Brian E Stocker M a,MS Daisy a Stocker M Ed
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.