All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionLife is different for kids today. Between standardized testing, the Common Core Curriculum, copious homework assignments, and seemingly endless amounts of screen time, it's hard for kids - and parents - to kw what's most essential. How can parents help their kids succeed - t just do well on the test -- but develop the learning habits they'll need to thrive throughout their lives? This important and parent-friendly book presents new solutions based on the largest study of family routines ever conducted. THE LEARNING HABIToffers a blueprint for navigating the maze of homework, media use, and the everyday stress that families with school-age children face; turning those stress times into opportunities to develop the eight critical skills kids will need to succeed in college and in the highly competitive job market of tomorrow - skills including concentration and focus, time management, decision-making, goal-setting, and self-reliance. Along with hands-on advice and compelling real-life case studies, the book includes 21 fun family challenges for parents and kids, bringing together the latest research with simple everyday solutions to help kids thrive, academically and beyond.
- Author BiographyStephanie Donaldson-Pressman is a psychotherapist, consultant, and internationally recognized author in the field of family therapy. She is the author of The Narcissistic Family, and Clinical Director of New England Center for Pediatric Psychology. Rebecca Jackson is a writer and neuro-psychological educator whose writing is featured on the GoodParentGoodChild website and Huffington Post Screen Sense. Dr. Robert M. Pressman is a Board Certified Family Psychologist, a practicing pediatric psychologist, and Director of Research at the New England Center for Pediatric Psychology.
- Author(s)Rebecca J. Jackson,Robert M. Pressman,Stephanie Donaldson-Pressman
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPerigee Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.