All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevelop State-of-the-Art iPhone/iPad Apps with MoTouch and .NET! Are you an experienced C#/.NET developer who wants to reach the huge iPhone/iPad market? Now, you can create great iOS apps without first mastering Objective-C and Apple's development toolset. With MoTouch, you can leverage the skills you already have to create powerful apps that can be sold in Apple's App Store or deployed throughout your organization. In Learning MoTouch, Michael Bluestein helps you get started with MoTouch fast and make the most of its remarkably robust capabilities. The book first walks you through setting up your MoTouch development environment, explaining how MoTouch abstracts the iOS SDK to permit development against native iOS classes from C#. Through simple examples, you'll start building working apps, establishing a firm foundation for more advanced coding. One step at a time, you'll master increasingly sophisticated cases through practical examples. Bluestein even shows you how to leverage powerful .NET tools in your iOS apps, including LINQ. Coverage includes / Applying common iOS development patterns and techniques in C# / Using MoTouch to handle memory management and garbage collection / Structuring MoTouch apps for the MVC design pattern / Making the most of iOS user interface classes / Leveraging the address book, camera access, email, and iOS media features / Customizing tables and navigation for richer experiences and better performance / Accessing the iOS Core Graphics and Core Animation subsystems / Building iOS location-based applications with Core Location and MapKit / Consuming web services from MoTouch / Integrating iOS and .NET networking capabilities / Saving data with the ADO.NET provider to SQLite, .NET serialization, and NSUserDefaults All code samples are available for download at github.com/mikebluestein.
- Author BiographyMichael Bluestein is a software developer, consultant, and active participant in the MonoTouch developer community. A former Principal Software Engineer at Dassault Systemes Solidworks Corporation, he has developed software professionally since the early 1990s.
- Author(s)Michael Bluestein
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication25/07/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width180 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.99Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.