All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnleash the power of computer vision with Python using OpenCV About This Book * Create impressive applications with OpenCV and Python * Familiarize yourself with advanced machine learning concepts * Harness the power of computer vision with this easy-to-follow guide Who This Book Is For Intended for vices to the world of OpenCV and computer vision, as well as OpenCV veterans that want to learn about what's new in OpenCV 3, this book is useful as a reference for experts and a training manual for beginners, or for anybody who wants to familiarize themselves with the concepts of object classification and detection in simple and understandable terms. Basic kwledge about Python and programming concepts is required, although the book has an easy learning curve both from a theoretical and coding point of view. What You Will Learn * Install and familiarize yourself with OpenCV 3's Python API * Grasp the basics of image processing and video analysis * Identify and recognize objects in images and videos * Detect and recognize faces using OpenCV * Train and use your own object classifiers * Learn about machine learning concepts in a computer vision context * Work with artificial neural networks using OpenCV * Develop your own computer vision real-life application In Detail OpenCV 3 is a state-of-the-art computer vision library that allows a great variety of image and video processing operations. Some of the more spectacular and futuristic features such as face recognition or object tracking are easily achievable with OpenCV 3. Learning the basic concepts behind computer vision algorithms, models, and OpenCV's API will enable the development of all sorts of real-world applications, including security and surveillance. Starting with basic image processing operations, the book will take you through to advanced computer vision concepts. Computer vision is a rapidly evolving science whose applications in the real world are exploding, so this book will appeal to computer vision vices as well as experts of the subject wanting to learn the brand new OpenCV 3.0.0. You will build a theoretical foundation of image processing and video analysis, and progress to the concepts of classification through machine learning, acquiring the technical kw-how that will allow you to create and use object detectors and classifiers, and even track objects in movies or video camera feeds. Finally, the journey will end in the world of artificial neural networks, along with the development of a hand-written digits recognition application. Style and approach This book is a comprehensive guide to the brand new OpenCV 3 with Python to develop real-life computer vision applications.
- Author BiographyJoe Minichino is a computer vision engineer for Hoolux Medical by day and a developer of the NoSQL database LokiJS by night. On weekends, he is a heavy metal singer/songwriter. He is a passionate programmer who is immensely curious about programming languages and technologies and constantly experiments with them. At Hoolux, Joe leads the development of an Android computer vision-based advertising platform for the medical industry. Born and raised in Varese, Lombardy, Italy, and coming from a humanistic background in philosophy (at Milan's Universita Statale), Joe has spent his last 11 years living in Cork, Ireland, which is where he became a computer science graduate at the Cork Institute of Technology. Joseph Howse lives in Canada. During the winters, he grows his beard, while his four cats grow their thick coats of fur. He loves combing his cats every day and sometimes, his cats also pull his beard. He has been writing for Packt Publishing since 2012. His books include OpenCV for Secret Agents, OpenCV Blueprints, Android Application Programming with OpenCV 3, OpenCV Computer Vision with Python, and Python Game Programming by Example. When he is not writing books or grooming his cats, he provides consulting, training, and software development services through his company, Nummist Media (http://nummist.com).
- Author(s)Joe Minichino,Joseph Howse
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.