All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionReady to learn Rails? Unlike most Rails books, Learning Rails is for web developers, and t for programmers. Rather than begin with the inner layers of a Rails web application - the models and controllers - this book approaches Rails development from the outer layer: the view side of an application. You'll start from the foundations of the Web you already kw, and learn how to create something visible with Rails before reaching the more difficult database models and controller code. Each chapter includes exercises and review questions so you can test your understanding as you go. Present content by building an application with a basic view and a simple controller, while learning Ruby along the way Build forms and process their results, progressing from simple to more complex Connect forms to models by setting up a database, and use Rails' Active Record to create code that maps to database structures Use Rails scaffolding to build applications from a view-centric perspective Add common web application elements such as sessions, cookies, and authentication Build applications that combine data from multiple tables Create simple but dynamic interfaces with Rails and Ajax Learning Rails 3 covers the most recent developments.
- Author BiographySimon St. Laurent is a web developer, network administrator, computer book author, and XML troublemaker living in Ithaca, NY. His books include XML: A Primer, XML Elements of Style, Building XML Applications, Cookies, and Sharing Bandwidth. He is a contributing editor to XMLhack.com and an occasional contributor to XML.com. Edd Dumbill is Managing Editor of XML.com. He also writes free software, and packages Bluetooth-related software for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. Edd is the creator of XMLhack and WriteTheWeb, and has a weblog called Behind the Times.
- Author(s)Edd Dumbill,Eric J. Gruber,Simon St.Laurent
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication10/08/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.